1) Be honest. You can't cheat an honest man, and a liar is worse than a thief.
2) There is no shame in any work if it is work that is well done.
3) People are people most everywhere you go. Do not be afraid to try to get to know them. Chances are that you will like them.
4) Help your neighbors when they need it without expectation of repayment.
5) Wrestle with God if you must, but know that He will win.
6) If your brother is in a fight, help him if he cannot win alone.
7) Always take a coat.
8) Be punctual.
9) It is good to be independent, but sometimes it just makes sense to pay someone to do the job for you.
10) Marriage is permanent.
11) Don't kick a man when he is down.
12) Be more critical of your own work than that of others.
13) Avoid dropping tools down a well.
14) Certain vocabulary may be appropriate in one context while it is not in another.
15) Change is inevitable. Don't cling to things as they were.
Happy Father's Day, Dad!