Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A New Abode


I am finally in Spearfish.  I have to say that even though the leaving was hard, I am grateful to be "back to work."  Having known for two months that I would be leaving Rapid City, and having already completed most of my major projects for the year, I did a great deal of loafing about.  Loafing can be fun for a little while, but it becomes tedious.  One begins to feel like a burden to others.  Finding oneself bored, one looks to others for entertainment.  They grow weary after a time.  It is better to be busy.

The nice thing about a move is that it marks a new beginning -  a starting over place.  I have needed that.  I have gotten sloppy and lazy about my prayer, about my self-care, and these sorts of things.  Now is a good time to reform and develop better habits.  It is also nice to be able to say about certain things, "That's not my problem anymore."  Deo gratias!

Mostly though, to move is a time to lean into the Lord and His love.  It is a time to be reminded that I have a new abode, but He abides.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and thoughts. I do not appreciate vulgarity, attacks on me, the Church, or other people who comment. Comments of this variety will not be published.