Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Sweet Taste of Victory


Victory, I have discovered, tastes like trout cooked in butter and lemon pepper.  After a week's hiatus I returned to the scene of my last fishing trip, and finally broke the drought.  I can now add to my list of firsts "Catching a Trout in a Black Hills Stream" (as well as "Cleaned and cooked a trout by myself").  My comrade today braved poison ivy to bring me the stringer so that I could save the little devil.  By the end of the trip, I had caught two worth keeping, and had bites by several little ones.  He had caught just one little one which he threw back.

These were not trophy fish, but they were big enough to keep.  I suppose the larger was around ten inches.  Regardless of the size, I have scored a major victory for myself.  In my excitement, I have made Cabelas a great deal richer, and I can barely suppress the swagger when I walk.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Father! In your case, as in mine, I'm not sure how the "teach a man to fish" bit works..."eat for a lifetime," seriously? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so much fun when yo finally outwit a "dumb" fish isn't it? LOL

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts. I do not appreciate vulgarity, attacks on me, the Church, or other people who comment. Comments of this variety will not be published.