Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cranky

As a child, the most dreadful part of my day was the nap.  I recall very vividly the debates with my mother about naps, the insistence that I was not tired, and her vain attempts at reasoning with me.  "Why do I have to take a nap?"  "Because you will be crabby if you don't and I don't want to put up with you."

Sadly, the same thing is still true.  If I don't sleep enough, I get crabby.

Which perhaps explains why I have been such a bear all day.  Tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes! I can tooooootally relate to this! Both parts! I never wanted to take a nap as a kid. I can still remember the terror when my Aunt Leola who was babysitting me found me reading a book instead of sleeping. :: shudder ::

    And this week, with finals and papers, I was sleeping the same amount I normally do, but with all the stress and the work I apparently needed more. I felt sick and terrible and was super cranky. Then I finally decided to just go to bed when I felt like. I lost a day of "productivity" but I felt amazing the next day and got more accomplished in one hour rested then I did the entire day when I was exhausted. Especially after Steubenville, I can imagine why you are tired.

    Rest!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts. I do not appreciate vulgarity, attacks on me, the Church, or other people who comment. Comments of this variety will not be published.