Tuesday, October 19, 2010

And That's How I Became a Dinosaur



I left the Cathedral Rectory last night and headed toward the ranch to begin my day off a few hours earlier than usual.  My youngest brother and his wife and kids are home for a few days, and I wanted to have plenty of time to spend with them.  Everyone was in bed when I arrived, so the boys didn't know that I had come.


It should be noted that I have, since childhood, been a notorious snorer.  My mother accuses me of inhaling small mammals in my sleep, and of pulling the curtains from the windows.  I can't say that I have ever noticed this quality within myself, but it is telling that I am never required to share a room when I travel with others.


Last night, after a couple of hours of television, I shut off the lights and fell asleep on the couch.  This morning, I awoke to Hope telling my parents that when she went to get the boys up, they were awake but terrified to leave their room.  I don't suppose I would have left my room either if I thought that there was a dinosaur in the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and thoughts. I do not appreciate vulgarity, attacks on me, the Church, or other people who comment. Comments of this variety will not be published.